Great Gatsby Inspired Looks

With the new The Great Gatsby coming out in theaters today, there is a lot of buzz surrounding the fashion in the 1920's.  This era changed fashion forever with the dawning of women having freedom to show their skin and be more free in their clothes.  The great flapper, slim fitting suits, and flashy styles are apparent in the novel and movie.  I recently watched The Great Gatsby with Robert Redford and the fashion was just breath taking.  I loved the sequins, diamonds, caftans, feathers, and extravagant styles.  Here are some Great Gatsby inspired clothes for your Gatsby party or closet. On another note the soundtrack to the movie is just superb.  I recommend that everyone check it out because its a good mix of the 20's feel with very modern beats.  The Great Gatsby Soundtrack


This clutch is from Kate Spade and is actually on sale.  I love how it looks like a book but is truly a clutch.  I think that it could be worn at night to a very elegant function and dressed down with jeans and converse.  The Great Gatsby Book Clutch

Brooks Brothers has a Great Gatsby collection solely for men.  I love the clean cuts and dapper styles that were created.  I am not a fan of the pink suit but everything is great including the button down shirts.  Brooks Brothers The Great Gatsby Collection

I would have never known that these tights were from the 20's I see them in clothing stores all the time. Fogal teamed up with The Great Gatsby to make tights for the movie.  I found these online and I think they would be great for any winter or fall outfit.  Fogal Tights

Tiffany also teamed up with The Great Gatsby and while everything there is obviously out of my price range, I can still lust.  I love the mix of yellow and white diamonds.  There is a diamond headband that costs around $200,000 that is to die for but this broach is a little more reasonable.  

This is just a t'shirt with the original book cover.  A cheaper way than diamonds to show your Fitzgerald love!  Urban Outfitters Out Of Print Great Gatsby Tee

This top could literally be in the movie it so perfectly matches everything I have seen in the previews and pictures.  I am surprised by its affordability with all of the beadwork. It is a nice mix if you don't want to wear a fully beaded dress but still want to be in a 20's inspired look.




Comments

Popular Posts