Spring Break 2014: NYC







1. Maison Kayser- I decided to visit this bakery because The College Prepster has posted about this bakery/restaurant multiple times in her blog and I just had to try it out.  Let me just say that there was no disappointment!  I absolutely loved the food as well as the bakery items.  If you are in NYC or Paris (where the bakery is from) it is a must go!
2. Laduree: from the moment I tried these macaroons in Paris I knew I was hooked. I had never tried a macaroon before I had been in Paris and I wasted 18 years of my life not eating macaroons.  Of course, no where else tops Laduree but still they are always so yummy.  I was excited when I saw the shop in NYC and excited that they tasted exactly the same as they do in Paris since they are made in Paris.

3. The Palace:  As a child I loved the Eloise books and have always wanted to visit where the book was written about.  I didn't actually go in the hotel but I visited the food court that was built below it and visited the Eloise store and of course took a photo.



 3. Jack Rogers:  No trip is complete without a visit to some of my favorite preppy stores! The Jack Rogers store was amazing, I had never actually been to a Jack Rogers store before, I bought online and at boutiques.  The store contained clothes (surprising to me) and some other styles of shoes I hadn't seen before.

4. Lilly Pulitzer: WOW!  The Lilly store in New York is amazing, amazing, amazing, and amazing.  It so pretty inside and such a bright wonderland that is separate from the cold and unfestive city.




5. Dominique Ansel Bakery:  If you haven't heard of a cronut, you should probably get out of the hole you are living in.  I waited two hours starting at 7:45 am and yes, it was worth the wait.  I absolutely enjoyed it and had such a fun experience at the bakery and waiting in line.  I would definitely recommend it to anyone with 2 hours to kill in the city.



 6.  The Highline:  I love the High Line because its a little oasis in downtown NYC with nature and some great views.  The day I visited it the sun was shinning and it was a beautiful day so, we decided to lounge for a little while and relax.

 7. NYC Half Marathon: The main reason for the trip was to run the NYC half marathon.  It was a little last minute so, I didn't train to much but it was a so much fun and I would recomend it to anyone.  Running through NYC was so much fun and so pretty.  I loved running through Central Park, Times Square, and the West Side Highway.

Hope you enjoyed my NYC journal!  And yes, I do love food and sweets which was made even more obvious to me by writing this. 

Comments

  1. Really enjoyed this post!!! Can't wait to try some of your recommendations :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts